Tel: 07854 454343
Your privacy is very important to us. This policy summarises how Mark Peters VAT Associates Ltd collects, uses and discloses personal data and ensures compliance with relevant laws and regulations. Personal data is information which relates to an individual, from which they can be identified either directly or indirectly through other data stored by us.
Mark Peters VAT Associates Ltd is the data controller of the personal data we collect and is therefore responsible for ensuring that our systems, processes, employees and suppliers comply with current data protection laws. We have a Data Protection Officer who oversees compliance with data protection laws and provides guidance as needed.
Data Protection Principles
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other lawful purposes.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means with valid and informed consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- Data will be processed in accordance with the rights of individuals.
- Data will not be transferred to or accessed from another jurisdiction where these principles cannot be adhered to.
- We will make information readily available to clients regarding our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of data to provide VAT Consultancy Services
We collect names, business information and personal identification documents from you at the beginning of our engagement. The business information is used to enable us to supply our services to you. The ID documentation is required to satisfy legal requirements (Anti-Money Laundering Regulations) During the course of providing you with VAT Consultancy Services, we may collect further information from you in relation to our business services. From time to time we will contact you by email to update you on a recent VAT issue of relevance to your business.
As required under GDPR, individuals may request a copy of their personal data, have it corrected if it is inaccurate and request that we delete and destroy it where this would not breach other regulatory requirements (eg Anti-Money Laundering Requirements or the need to retain client records and copies of advice up to the 7th Anniversary of the commencement of the engagement) Please email our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
Mark Peters VAT Associates Ltd, our IT support team and third parties we work with who may see your data all have GDPR compliant systems to protect data.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with the principles outlined above in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.