Tel: 07854 454343
A combination of high transaction values and complex rules mean that businesses engaged in land, property and construction activities typically encounter material VAT issues far more frequently than those operating in other sectors. This is a complex area prone to frequent litigation, where the VAT treatment of a particular project can often have an impact on its overall viability.
Whether you are a Contractor, Developer, Landlord or Tenant, in either residential or commercial property, we can help you avoid the pitfalls and embrace the opportunities in this area.
A few examples of areas where we regularly provide assistance, from an apparently endless list, include;
- Building work liability issues – any zero or reduced rate reliefs in play?
- Reclaiming VAT – what’s my intention?
- Property Acquisitions and Disposals – to TOGC or not to TOGC?
- Options to Tax – should I, could I, have I?
- Leases & Licences – how do I treat payments in relation to?
- Option and Promotion Agreements – where are the VAT icebergs threatening these titanic development opportunities?
- Pension Scheme Planning – should I SIPP it or should I SASS it?
With Mark’s expertise we successfully managed the recent acquisition of our head office building smoothly and efficiently from a VAT perspective. Considerable sums were involved and his support throughout the process was invaluable.
– Carl Astley, Finance Director, Harpenden Building Society